AMD continues to chip away at Intel’s CPU market dominance, though the laptop market is still a tough market to crack

Intel has long held a commanding market share lead over AMD, but ever since the launch of first generation Ryzen CPU family in 2017, AMD has slowly been chipping away at Intel’s lead. Aside from the disruptions caused by the pandemic, AMD’s server, mobile and desktop sales have been on an upward trajectory for many years, although Intel still maintains a large lead in all three categories.

According to a report by Mercury Research, and provided by AMD via email, AMD’s x86 client shipments increased by 3.6% year-on-year, climbing from 17% overall, to 20.6%. That still leaves Intel with a commanding lead, but it will leave the blue company concerned as it struggles to meet revenue expectations.

Originally posted by www.pcgamer.com

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

We only use unintrusive ads on our website from well known brands. Please support our website by enabling ads. Thank you.